Patrick Emery is an experienced trial attorney and litigator who handles matters for individual and corporate clients in state and federal courts across the country. He focuses on the client’s business and personal goals, provides excellent client service, and drives matters to resolution. In the past few years, Patrick has helped clients recover over $130MM, save over $35MM, and defeat claims seeking tens of millions more.
Patrick represents commercial, financial services, and energy clients in cases involving contract claims (sales of goods, asset purchases, lending, commissions), business torts (fraud / tortious interference / unfair competition), restrictive covenants (non-complete / non-solicitation / non-disclosure agreements), consumer protection laws, fiduciary duties, trust indentures, injunctions, and class actions. Patrick has litigated numerous class actions involving consumer contracts, trust indenture agreements, and Ponzi or pyramid schemes.
In his healthcare litigation practice, Patrick defends individual patients against balance bill claims brought by medical providers and debt collectors, and protects patient rights under consumer protection laws, deceptive trade practices laws, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- New Jersey
- USDC for the Northern District of Georgia
- USDC for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- USDC for the District of New Jersey
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Law, JD, 2009, magna cum laude
- Emory University, MA (History), 2005, magna cum laude
- Emory University, BA (History), 2005, magna cum laude